.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Blogspot Editor's Profile

PROFILE OF BLOGSPOT EDITOR, Cllr. JOHN BEANSE
Educated at local schools; apart from time studying or travelling & working abroad, I have lived locally in the constituency all my life. I studied Modern Languages at Cambridge and trained to be a teacher at Goldsmiths' College, London. During my teaching career I taught in comprehensive schools in Redbridge and Herts. At various times Head of House, Head of Sixth Form, Head of Modern Languages. Now a Modern Languages Examiner, I also give many Travel Talks to various groups and, in addition, I am an Accredited Speaker for the Electoral Reform Society. I was the last Chairman of the local Community Health Council and am a governor of 2 local schools. I am a Committee member of Help on Call (Chingford Christian Care).
I became an active Liberal in 1974. I am currently the Chairman of Chingford & Woodford Green Liberal Democrats. I have personally edited around 200 local leaflets, some constituency-wide and others editions of FOCUS both in Hale End & Highams Park and in North Chingford. In May, 2006, I was elected to Waltham Forest Council in Hale End & Highams Park ward - one of 3 gains in that ward from the Conservatives. I am Vice-Chair of the Council's Overview & Scrutiny sub-committee on Health, Adults and Older People and serve also on several other committees. On many occasions I have spoken at Party Conferences and have had a good number of letters published in the local and national press. I have spoken on Radio 4 & Radio 5 Live, on Carlton TV and also "live" on BBC TV (televised speeches from Conference).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?