Saturday, July 05, 2008
Tesco have drawn up fresh proposals for a big store in Highams Park (off Larkshall Road). The suggested development is to be known as "Highams Green".
(Photo: Tesco near Charlie Brown's roundabout, Woodford).
Included in the plans:
* a supermarket (same size as in the last application) with 350 covered parking spaces under the store [which would be on the first storey]
* 50 terraced houses
* 260 new homes in 4-storey blocks of flats
* Highams Green - new public green space
* 7 independent shops
* community space - e.g. a hall?
* office space
* business starter units and workshops
We now need to see whether these proposals receive general approval or opposition.
All views welcome. See top of page for how to contact us!
I just hope that everyone who wants this regeneration of Highams Park to take place makes their voices heard this time.
I just cannot see how the current roads will cope with a development of such a size.
Links to this post: